HEALTH RETREAT IN TAIWAN- THE SPA

10.4.13

health retreat taiwan

If you've watched my video, you would probably have a brief idea of what I did during my taiwan health retreat. as i've said previously, there are too much going on during this trip I couldn't possibly include all information in one post. so I am going to separate them into different categories and today I am going to talk about the spa.

Taiwan was never a place that crosses people’s mind when we talk about retreat. we thought of Thailand or Bali for it’s herbal environment, food, sea breeze or stillness. I feel the same way too until my mom mentioned something about a detox spa in Heart Transformation Center. when detox and spa were put together, it definitely doesn’t sound like something that I want to miss. 

this place is nothing fancy, look more like a health center than a spa I would say, but due to the fact that it was packed with happy staffs, wide varieties of treatments and large amount of Himalaya salt lamps, the décor was not the main concern anymore. the first thing I notice when I walked in was the different types of water available, I never knew that there are so many types of water on earth. Some are added in with negative ions, some are oxygenated, and you can try out different water according to your taste and need. 


different types of water

Among all the treatments, I got to try out the foot detox spa; the negative ion steam sauna and the lymphatic drainage massage. if I have to recommend one treatment, no doubt it will be the drainage massage. from my past experiences, lymphatic drainage massage had always been a nightmare as it can be really painful. In here, it was super relaxing I get to sleep the first time. most people think that detox and slimming comes with the pain involved, but now I can guarantee to you that it is not necessary. they were using their special type of body oil which I believe were made for detoxing. adding up with the special blended juice that we have to drink afterwards, everyone were all praising about the “detoxing” power of it, which in another way means the power of pushing the shit out of your body if you want me to make it that clear. lol. 

If you are wondering how the other treatments go, my mom and all the aunties love the negative ion sauna. From what they described, it was really refreshing and they all came out blushing and energized. My dad was lucky enough to try out some really interesting stuff. He did the structural alignment and the energy exchange treatment. I cannot tell you how excited he was, he kept talking and talking like a child who just went to Disneyland for the first time. Structural alignment is basically about aligning back your bones and everything back to normal; as for the energy exchange, I couldn’t really tell you what it is because the experience was really vague. My dad was just saying how he felt inflated like hulk. I guess every experience is different; you can always go try it yourself and see what you ended up with. Lol. 

do visit their website for more detail information about the center and other services that they offer. but just in case you can’t read Chinese, I can do some simple introduction here. 

- healthy lunch buffet
- oxygenated bath
- the one and only one scratching machine in taiwan
- mud mask
- different exercise classes (which I will be writing about in upcoming post)
and you can also find lots of different crystal rooms and chambers there which unfortunately I don't know what they are for. 

spa treatments(photos from their website)

up until now, I would still dream about the massage. my mom is planning to go there every month for the treatments because, yes, they are truly that amazing.

台北市松山區民生東路四段54號(明志大樓1樓中庭)

what's your best spa experience? xoxo

2 comments:

  1. http://orionhealing.com/ is option for health retreat holidays in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! Best Brazilian waxing in NYC

    ReplyDelete