happy chinese new year! celebrating for a second chance

7.2.13

there's nothing as failure, those are called trial. so just keep trying
things are finally getting better and I am back to my old happy self again. so chinese new year is coming up and I am planning to share with you guys about my feeling of having the chance to celebrate CNY in my life. 

what's good about being chinese is to have a festival like chinese new year. I love it because it feels like I am having a second chance to start things all over again. you know sometimes you rush through xmas, and in a blink of the eyes it's new years eve which means it's the time to make new year resolution and have a brand new start. Often times people get discourage for not being able to keep up. But for me, I will just wait for my second new year!

Chinese new year is how we chinese people celebrate the new year! just like how you celebrate yours on the 31st of dec. We will be spending one whole day to clean up the entire house, to get rid of your junks which resemble a brand new clean start for the new year. (oh btw, today is the clean up day! and I am planning to go clean up myself and my room once I am done with this post). We will be decorating the house, bringing in fresh flowers and putting up lucky red banners. We have to prepare red pocket money (which is another yay for unmarried "kids" like me). And just so much more. For those who had experience with CNY, you will know that this is a really fun and loud festival. Anyways, I am getting too excited I got carried away. 

We Chinese might have the excuse to have a second chance to start the new year all over again just in case the first month is not going quite well. But you do too! Every morning is a brand new start anyways. So if things are not going smooth yesterday? Start over again! Celebrate new days just like how you celebrate new year! 

Would you like me to make a video showing you how we celebrate chinese new year? Let me know! 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. a video will be nice! :) I would love to know how other people celebrate CNY. I heard that different families sometimes have their own traditions.

    My family 'used' to celebrate but not anymore. Probably, one reason is because we aren't pure Chinese so the tradition isn't so strong. It's only from my Mother's side -- but even she isn't pure Chinese. Blood line is so diluted by the time it reached me that I can't really call myself Chinese anymore. I don't speak the language, either. I am planning to learn, though. That's part of my New Year's Resolution. :)

    My boyfriend is pure Chinese but he isn't very traditional so now, there really isn't anything for me to celebrate. I'm just going to enjoy the break.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete